Sunday, August 10, 2008

Food For Thought

Being here alone in Australia have force me to take on many responsibilities that I didn't used to have. Not at home, not at army. One of such would be cooking. The basic instinct derived from hunger have forced me into becoming a part time chef. While buying out is an option, it isn't healthy in the first place and it doesn't give you a sense of achievement like cooking does. Moreover, I only have fast food around my area and sometimes, these food just doesn't give you the feeling of fulfillment.
I've been here for a month already and over this period of time, I've cooked an impressive range of dishes from the Japanese udon to the western steak. The signature style of my cooking usually is the really bad presentation of my dishes. However hard I've tried, they just somehow looking not too appetising. Hee. Thankfully, the taste wasn't bad usually... with some exceptions.
Fried rice! My craving for it turned out to be a blessing afterall.
Chicken somen with mixed veg.
I'm leading a healthy lifestyle!
Beef steak with rice and japanese curry. Yummy!
With all that said, I think it would be great fun to try whipping up some dishes sometimes and it really is an experience that I think would be good for everyone. After all, you wouldn't want to step into a life of marriage and eat out every single meal with your spouses would you? The inability to cook would be a sad reason for a fat tummy isn't it?
Every since school started and my brother leaving for Singapore, I've blogged much lesser then before. Partly was due to studies, which I have been trying hard to cope with. All these strange new theories and concepts where all thrown at me within these weeks and juggling with life and studies, all in aussie english, have kept me busy all the while. Also, ever since my brother have left, I was short of a tour guide. My budget also prevented me from becoming a long term tourist. Lastly, what seemed interesting in the beginning have slowly became dreadful chores. With the lack of topics in life, this stale life is becoming hard to blog about. I will however keep this place as updated as possible.

No comments: