Thursday, August 14, 2008

School

School has started for about a month now.. I've started to go into groups too~ People here are really interesting. One example is the group that i went into. It's like a discussion group that we have to form and they just happen to be around and so we just happened to become a group. The first time we got together, we exchanged names and emails. However, they were so fast I didn't really got any one of their names. Just today, I had my second stats tutorial (yes the module that i flunk in poly). I went into my group and one of my team mates greeted me with "Hey mate! How you cracking?". lol, i didn't know sheet about what he meant. I then learned that how you cracking means how are you doing. They were laughing like mad heh. They then started chatting in such fast aussie english that all I could do was smile at them. My mind was racing to keep up with them and I didn't really know what they were saying. Thankfully they are really nice people and they talk alot so I don't really have to. >.<
There was this other class where I had to do a debate with 4 other of my team mates. I'm beginning to have doubts about how well I will do because firstly, unlike them, I have never done debating in my life and secondly, I'll be debating against fast speaking aussies. >.<
Life here is tough T.T

No comments: