Saturday, August 23, 2008

Restrictions, Restrictions, Restrictions...

After staying here for so long, I'm beginning to run into a few problems.
The way I do things seem to run against many restrictions. I got a notice last week saying that I have exceeded the electricity usage by 1kWh.. it isn't much but I was so sad when I received it. I was living a life of high consumption. I wasn't as clean and green as I thought I was. The first notice was just a warning so it wasn't so bad. After that i started to be more conscience about power usage, turning off lights when I don't need them and less television, less cooking time etc..
However, yesterday, I got hit by yet another warning. Technically speaking there wasn't any warning. The night before, while I was using the computer, I was experiencing weird network problems. Before I knew it, i was totally disconnected from the Internet. I then spend the rest of the night trying to pinpoint and rectify the problem but they all seem to point towards the server. With no other options, i went to bed hoping that it would recover by the next day.
When i woke up the next day, i turn on the computer hoping so hard that it would work.. but no it didn't. I was devastated~~ There was no way i could live with no Internet. I then approach the land lord for help and then, I was struck by another sad truth.. I "exceed the usage by way too much". However, he restarted my connection and thank god I got back my Internet.
That leaves me with one final limit. Water usage limit. With the droughts hitting hard on Australia, there was a water restriction place on national level. These strict restrictions includes no washing of cars with water hose and many strange others. Back in my place, we are not allowed to wash dishes under running tap and to use the dish washing machine only when full, running on "economy" (which isn't very clean). The last restriction however, was the killer. NO SHOWERING OF MORE THEN 4MINS A DAY!! Sia la! Only 4 minutes I sure exceed de la~~~ T.T I'm just waiting for the warning only lo~~ Only Dunqi can meet this kind of timing~~ lol
Living alone and managing my bills have made me realise how xing fu i was back in Singapore. Mama pay all the bill I got nothing to worry about. Happy on the light, happy on the water. Internet 24/7. Those happy days are over. *sigh*

No comments: