Sunday, July 13, 2008

Arrival! Con't

After I have arrival at the hostel, it was already noon time and after I unloaded my luggages, we headed out for lunch at a nearby fast food chain called red rooster. They serve fried chicken and fries.. abit like KFC but in a box.. also the fries very salty.. we then headed to the university after lunch to settle all my documents from my student id to my enrollment package. My brother briefly explained to me some of the standard procedures and after all the school stuff was done, we headed to the first shopping district, which is located about 15mins of bus ride away from the hostel.

Talking about bus ride, there is something interesting about the bus/train system here in Australia. There is no machine for u to purchase bus tickets or anything like that. What you actually do is to purchase the ticket from the bus driver. The bus driver here got like a cashier counter beside his steering wheel. He also got sell daily concession so for a flat rate u can buy a ticket that allows you travel around an area unlimited amount of times. all you have to do is to flash the ticket and the bus driver will allow you to board. Also, the train ticket can also be used for the buses. That means the train ticket i bought earlier that morning was used for the bus trip back to the hostel too. Interesting right?

Ok, back to topic. I went to the shopping district called Australia Fair because the closest bank is there. Over there, i applied for the atm card (we call it NETS but they call it EFTPOS) and started my own bank account. We then did some grocery shopping at their supermarket called Woolworths. So sorry for all the lack in photos. A wanted to take some when i was at Australia Fair but i did not have my phone with me at that point of time. It was still charging at my place.

Before we went back, i bought myself a cup of POW POW CHA!! Yes, got pearl de bubble tea. The store is run by 2 Asian ladies and the pearl is softer and better then back at Singapore IMO.

By the time we were back, it was already evening and most of the energy i have all used up ler. At night i slept very early to make up for the lost of sleep from the plane ride.

No comments: