Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Arrival!

Sorry all for the late work. I was down with many problems and haven't been very lucky. hopefully when you read these entries also means that all my problems have been solved.

today I woke up at ard 12pm. I now sleep in the living room but its not so bad. the. thick blanket was really useful and its kept me warm all night long. when I woke up, it was 18dregrees, 2 degrees more colder then yesterday. Actually the temp feels ok. Its the wind that is really cold. and there is sun too! So much so that everyone is wearing their sunglasses. i, of cos, also wore mine =D

I didn't sleep much on board the plane yesterday. Didn't think that the plane ride would be this uncomfortable. Thank goodness i had the company of a nice man right beside me. He said that he was returning home from europe on a business trip and have been flying since many hours that he have lost count of time. Food was bad. Did't expect packed food in metal foild. tasteless too

Dawn in the distant horizon, Australia!

The moment the plane landed, I felt some happiness feeling somewhere inside me. Everyone here is so kind and it feels like a form of consolation after having to leave home to go aboard.

After pass all custom clearences, I left the airport to the train station that is located just across the road. It was probably around 22 degrees outside the airport and it feels as if the whole place is air-conditioned.

Brisbane International Airport

Train Ticket: A$23.30

Airport Train Station
My LoadBye bye airport

From the train you could see the different building structures. They just looked more.. ang moh.. Also, artistic graffiti can be found beside the walls that the train travels along. Some are very nice and it was too bad my phone was running low on battery I didn't take any of those. I shall take them when I return to Singapore again.

Anyway i rode on the train for 20 mins before coming to an interchange. I had to switch platform to take another. Its was with the help of the train staff that I managed to find my way to the the correct platform.
Roma Interchange
My destination is located bout an hours ride from the interchange on the station named Helensvale. The train feels nice and warm and comfortable the last thing i expect is for Helensvale to be freezing cold. While waiting for my brother to fetch me, i sat with my heavy luggage at the bus stop shivering. The black puma jacket cannot tahan the cold winds.

When I finally met my brother, we begin travelling to the hostel, cold, hungry and tired.

No comments: