Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Day of School

Yesterday was my first day of school, and I attended 2 lectures. At 10am in the morning, I had the End of Life Studies lesson. Unlike the business degrees (which consists of a huge amount of China, Taiwan & Hong Kong students), the other programs had very little percentage of international student, and the percentage of Asian students was even lesser.
It's a 3 hour lesson all the way to 1pm, and so, there was a break time in between. It was during that time that a guy named Alvin came and introduce himself. He is like the only other Asian in the lecture and to my fucking surprise, he is from Singapore! You have no idea how happy I was. I started complaining to him how sick I got of speaking English and how much i wanted to find someone to speak to in Singlish. Seriously, I've never speak so much English in my entire life. You go up the bus, the bus driver talks to you in English. You go to your seat and the bunch of school kids behind you kao pei kao bu in English. You reach home, sit down, on the TV, and the news reporter reports the news in English. It's not that i did not expect it, but I didn't expect that speaking English can be like eating an oily buffet. ~.~
At afternoon, I had my first psychology lecture named Introduction To Psychological Sciences and Society. Over in this lesson, I was introduced to a long and on going debate on where the mind is. Where is the the mind? There is no doubt that the brain does the thinking but is the brain the only organ that does thought processing? Some ancient scholars believed that the heart is the mind and now, they might be right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudmW97FZA0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6eEiVbgMg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei6FmA6-N14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY5SiWHDInQ

This is a four part video,very interesting but they contain some explicit images on medical procedures which may be disturbing to Peiqing. Peiqing if you are reading this, don't watch it! wait for Dunqi to tell you!

It just so happened that today is also my brother's graduation ceremony but the timing clash with my psychology lecture. After a long mental struggle, I've later decided to go for the lecture instead. I joined him later for a dinner celebration, Which i will cont' on my next post.

To Be Continued... (muahahaha)

No comments: