Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Entry For 14/07

Wah today wake up very early! Cos today is the first day of my orientation. Its called International Students "Getting Started" Orientation Session. As the name suggests, all attendants for todays session are all international students like myself from all different degrees. The start time of the lecture is 1330 so i packed my bag and went to Red Rooster for a quick lunch. I reached the lecture theater at around 1320. By then, outside of the lecture theater was already quite packed with people from all nationality. Felt so lonely when we were waiting as all of them had their own group of friends and were happily chatting away. I guess most came with friends together. Only few other people were alone like myself. I suppose their hearts, like mine, was at rock bottom.
Soon The doors opened and i chose a seat near the very front of the lecture theater so that i would not miss any of the Aussie slang spoken by the lecturer. In front of me sat an asian guy with nose length fringe, pretty thick hair. He walked in a ma siran fashion to the seat, throwing his bag on the seat beside him. He was the only one in his row so he sits alone at the front. Later on, another 4 asian girls sat down beside me.
As soon as the session began, we were told to talk to the person beside you and at the same time introducing yourself to the other party. Since the 4 girls know themselves beforehand, they started to talk amongst themselves. And so, I talked to the guy in front lo. As i lean forward, he swing his whole body around 180 degrees and stretch his hand forward towards me. He then greeted me in the MOST MOST MOST slang english i have ever heard. More slang then an aussie slang aussie. And everything he does like got pose one. LOL facking act! He tink he Dao Ming Si ar! LOL. Apparently, he ish from ROC. Next he ask me if i speak chinese, saying that there are Indian Singaporeans at his place that don't speak chinese. wad a moron.. i look like i speak Tamil meh...?! Heng he study business. He reminds me of our dear friend ma siran who thinks that he is dao ming si lo~~
Anyway went through a very informative session about the ways around gold coast from bus systems to part time jobs, though most of the points have been covered by my brother already. Then went to Australia Fair for dinner and some grocery shopping. Even though I haven't really notice, I think my expenditure is probably around 3-4 times more then how i spend when I'm back in Singapore. One day must sit down and start counting my finances ler~
Got few photos of the night at australia fair.. enjoy..Entrance of the mall
Coles Supermarket de signboard
Below is a 7-11 outlet
The board outside my place.. i live at university square!

No comments: